Roanoke College releases carbon monoxide recommendations following fatal incident
By Laurence Hammack
The Roanoke Times
A task force created after a fatal carbon monoxide leak at Roanoke College in July made a number of recommendations today, including weekly inspections of all mechanical rooms on campus and better coordination of evacuation procedures.
The report also expands on the installation of carbon monoxide detectors — a step the college took within days after the invisible gas leaked from a faulty water heater in the Sections dormitory, killing one person and sickening more than 100 who were attending summer programs at the time.
Full Story: Roanoke College releases carbon monoxide recommendations following fatal incident