Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Thursday, December 22, 9:55 PST


12/22/2011

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  | New: Discuss this Article |



Pa. firefighters rescue couple, baby from gas, carbon monoxide leaks


By Jason Cato
The Pittsburgh Tribune Review

SHARPSBURG, Pa. — Sharpsburg firefighters rescued three people, including a newborn, on Wednesday as a gas leak sickened six others in a Clay Street residence.

Six people living in the rental property went to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville after developing medical symptoms, said Frank Bagnato, assistant chief of the Sharpsburg Volunteer Fire Department. After diagnosing the group with carbon monoxide poisoning, a doctor called emergency operators and asked that the residence be checked for other victims.

Firefighters arrived about 2:45 p.m. and found a young couple and a 2-month-old boy inside the house, a ruptured gas line behind the stove, and high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the home, Bagnato said. The couple and the boy also were taken to Children's Hospital for treatment, Bagnato said.

Copyright 2011 Tribune Review Publishing Company
All Rights Reserved




LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy







Back to previous page


 Most Popular
Making Rehab a Requirement: NFPA 1584 New technology: Pill detects when firefighters are overheated 5 life-saving things to do during overhaul The Deadly Threat of Cyanide Poisoning Second N.Y. carbon monoxide victim dies
All Popular Articles 


FireRehab Communications
7 ways to get FFs into rehab; How to beat summer heat | July 24, 2014 Post-incident mental rehab; Solving 3 heat-related threats | May 22, 2014
All Newsletters
Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab Masimo and Physio-Control Release New Grants Supplement for Fire and EMS Departments
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2014
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: