Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Thursday, May 17, 12:09 PST


04/26/2012

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  | New: Discuss this Article |



Firefighters to go door to door after fatal Md. CO leak


The Capital

OXON HILL, Md. — A day after five people died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Oxon Hill, Prince George's County firefighters will canvass the neighborhood to check for working smoke alarms and answer questions about the deadly gas.

Fire Chief Marc Bashoor will join firefighters going door-to-door in the Southlawn community of Oxon Hill. Firefighters will also knock on doors elsewhere in the county.

The department strongly recommends that residents install CO detectors in their home. There is no other way to detect the presence of the odorless, colorless gas.

A married couple, the woman's sister and two renters were found dead Monday in the Oxon Hill home. Fire officials say CO levels were extraordinarily high and that a broken exhaust pipe on the house furnace might have been to blame.

Copyright 2012 Capital Gazette Communications, Inc.
All Rights Reserved




LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy







Back to previous page


 Most Popular
3 heat-related threats to firefighters and how to fix them Making Rehab a Requirement: NFPA 1584 Firefighter rehab: 6 keys to successful planning Firefighter mobility: 3 reasons stretching hurts 6 NY firefighters hurt battling church fire
All Popular Articles 


FireRehab Communications
6 keys to rehab plan; Research examines overhaul risk | July 30, 2015 Science looks at FF fitness; Mental toll of responding to loved one | May 21, 2015
All Newsletters
Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2015
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: