Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Sunday, October 21, 10:49 PST


10/21/2012

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  | New: Discuss this Article |



4 hospitalized from CO poisoning


The Capital 

SEVERN, Md. — Four people were taken to the hospital on Friday after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in Severn, officials said.

Anne Arundel County firefighters were called to a home in the 1800 block of Meade Village Circle at about 4 p.m. on Friday, where they found three people sick from carbon monoxide, said Battalion Chief. Steve Thompson, a spokesman for the county Fire Department.

All three were taken to Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Glen Burnie for treatment.

An hour later, firefighters were called back for a fourth person who was sick. That person also was treated at BWMC.

Copyright 2012 Capital Gazette Communications, Inc.
All Rights Reserved




LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy







Back to previous page


 Most Popular
Study: Latino, black firefighters at higher risk of cancer Firefighting research looks at overhaul risk Burned fire capt.'s wife speaks out about his progress Firefighters battle chemical fire at recycling plant Atrial fibrillation: More than an irregular heart beat
All Popular Articles 


FireRehab Communications
Science looks at FF fitness; Mental toll of responding to loved one | May 21, 2015 What FF injury data means; Rehab scenario: What would you do? | March 26, 2015
All Newsletters
Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2015
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: