Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Wednesday, December 26, 9:44 PST


12/26/2012

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  | New: Discuss this Article |



Toxic gas forces evacuation at Pa. apartments


The Philadelphia Inquirer

POTTSTOWN, Pa. — Fire officials in Montgomery County said high carbon monoxide levels in a Pottstown apartment was responsible for sending two people to the hospital and the evacuation of 30 others.

Just before 5 a.m., police were called to the 25 N. Franklin Street complex by hospital officials alerting them to a possible problem. Earlier a man and woman had driven themselves to the hospital. Medical tests revealed high reading for the toxic gas, said Fire Chief Richard Lengel.

Fire officials discovered "extremely high levels" of carbon monoxide in the boiler room, Lengel said. Other residents were being temporarily housed in a church across the street and then by the building management until they could return to their homes, he said. Lengel said work had recently been done on the heating system which they will now examine.

Copyright 2012 Philadelphia Newspapers, LLC All Rights Reserved




LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy







Back to previous page


 Most Popular
How to refuel the firefighter machine Why sugar is killing firefighters Firefighters carry iced IVs to help fight the heat Non-invasive Screening for CO and MET What a dirty doll teaches about rehab
All Popular Articles 


FireRehab Communications
How to fuel firefighters; Sugar is killing FFs | March 27, 2014 How to prepare for the 'big one'; Rehab to ward off cancer | Sept. 26, 2013
All Newsletters
Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab Masimo and Physio-Control Release New Grants Supplement for Fire and EMS Departments
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2014
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: