Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Tuesday, February 12, 7:43 PST


02/12/2013

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  | New: Discuss this Article |


Coroner: Smoke inhalation caused 5 deaths at Ind. house fire


The Associated Press

SULPHUR, Ind. — A southern Indiana coroner says smoke inhalation is to blame for the deaths of two children and three adults in a mobile home fire last week.

Crawford County coroner David Wayne Bullington said Monday that the state fire marshal's office determined that a wood stove being used to heat the home caused Thursday's blaze near Sulphur, about 30 miles west of Louisville, Ky.

The local sheriff and relatives say the home had an electric furnace but that the occupants used the wood stove as their primary heat source because the furnace was expensive to run.

Bullington identified the victims as 34-year-old Dee Ann Lutz Rodgier; her 3-year-old son, Curtis Rodgier; her boyfriend, 32-year-old John Denton; Denton's 8-year-old daughter, Kara; and Denton's half-brother, 35-year-old Billy Joe Turben.




Associated PressCopyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.







Back to previous page


 Most Popular
Making Rehab a Requirement: NFPA 1584 Rehab chair gets to the core of heat stress CO meters prove worth at Philadelphia children's party Firefighters rescue NH woman from icy pond Firefighter fitness: 3 scientific findings
All Popular Articles 


FireRehab Communications
6 keys to rehab plan; Research examines overhaul risk | July 30, 2015 Science looks at FF fitness; Mental toll of responding to loved one | May 21, 2015
All Newsletters
Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2015
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: