FireRehab News

Date last updated: Wednesday, July 25, 10:03 PST


Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  |  |

Calif. firefighter hospitalized for heat exhaustion

Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
Copyright 2007 MediaNews Group, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

POMONA, Calif. — A 2-acre brush fire on Tuesday led to a firefighter being transported to a hospital for heat exhaustion.

The cause of the 1 p.m. blaze at Mission Boulevard and West Phillips Drive was still undetermined Tuesday afternoon, Los Angeles County Fire Inspector Sam Padilla said.

The firefighter — whose condition was not life-threatening — was taken to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, Padilla said.

The fire was knocked down in about 45 minutes and cleanup was completed by about 3:45 p.m.

About 90 firefighters responded, Padilla said.

The California Highway Patrol reported the incident on its Web site about 1:30 p.m. as a brush fire near the the southbound 57 Freeway at Temple Avenue.

LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Back to previous page

 Most Popular
Oximetry for EMTs and First Responders - CCBEMS approved - $15.95 New technology: Pill detects when firefighters are overheated Skin's role in firefighter rehab Nev. hotshot hospitalized after battling Idaho wildfire Video: Houston firefighters battle warehouse fire
All Popular Articles 

FireRehab Communications
Nurturing a rehab culture; Is the 48/96 shift safe? Skin's role in FF rehab; How to reduce overhaul risks | September 27, 2016
All Newsletters

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™

Copyright 2017
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: