Bookmark
FireRehab News
 

Date last updated: Tuesday, August 15, 13:04 PST


08/15/2017

Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  |  |



Carbon monoxide in home sickens 4 officers, 8 others


Associated Press

MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. — Authorities say 12 people, including four police officers, were sickened by carbon monoxide in a home in New Jersey.

Firefighters responded to the scene about 7:30 p.m. Monday to find people on the lawn outside the house in Mount Olive.

Tyler Wargo, a Flanders fire chief, says sensors detected carbon monoxide of about 1,600 ppm in the home. Five people were taken to a New York hospital.

Wargo says he couldn't comment on the cause, but officials have narrowed it down to something in the home.




Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.




Back to previous page


 Most Popular
12 firefighters overcome by carbon monoxide at blaze Emergency Incident Rehab for firefighters to refuel, recharge The pee chart A CPR Change You Need to Make Energy drinks may be to blame for firefighter's heat stroke
All Popular Articles 


Resources

USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™


Copyright 2017
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: