MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. — Authorities say 12 people, including four police officers, were sickened by carbon monoxide in a home in New Jersey.
Firefighters responded to the scene about 7:30 p.m. Monday to find people on the lawn outside the house in Mount Olive.
Tyler Wargo, a Flanders fire chief, says sensors detected carbon monoxide of about 1,600 ppm in the home. Five people were taken to a New York hospital.
Wargo says he couldn't comment on the cause, but officials have narrowed it down to something in the home.