FireRehab News

Date last updated: Thursday, September 28, 14:57 PST


Print Article | EMail Article to a friend |  |  |

Firefighter hurt while battling large building blaze

By FireRescue1 Staff

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. — A firefighter was hurt Monday morning after battling a blaze that damaged several businesses and apartments.

WTHR reported that firefighters responded to a call made by a woman who was inside one of the affected apartments. Officials said they believe the fire started at a restaurant around 4 a.m.

One of the firefighters suffered heat-related injuries and was transported to the hospital. His condition was not immediately released.

Mayor Tim Haak said “We’re very fortunate” that no other injuries occurred in such a massive fire and also thanked the community for their help.

We will update you when more information becomes available.


Back to previous page

 Most Popular
4 serious reasons why firefighters pass out Non-invasive Screening for CO and MET Emergency Incident Rehab for firefighters to refuel, recharge Does firefighter gross decon work? Energy drinks may be to blame for firefighter's heat stroke
All Popular Articles 


USFA Emergency Incident Rehabilitation Manual IAFC: Fighting Heat Stress U.S. EPA Excessive Heat Events Guidebook (PDF) Agency for Toxic Substances Cyanide FAQ Assistance to Firefighters Grant AFG: DHS/FEMA Fire Act Grant
All Resources 

Press Releases
HeatSeeker Technology & Design Fire Introduces Rehabilitation Products FDNY Makes Largest First Responder Purchase of Masimo Rad-57 Pulse CO-Oximeters to Improve Survival of Firefighters and Victims of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning 343 Technologies and Hothead Technologies Announce Wireless Temperature Sensor for Firefighter Rehab
More Press Releases 

Sponsored By
This site is sponsored by Masimo, the manufacturer of Rad-57, the first non-invasive way of measuring CO in the blood. Request Information
Watch a video demo of the Rad-57™

Copyright 2017
Masimo  FireRescue1  About This Site  Privacy Policy 
Login          My profile 
Powered by: